PDA

View Full Version : GUI libraries

Alimonster
03-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know any non-VCL GUI libraries for OpenGL or D3D? This question was asked over at Delphi3d.net and I realised that I didn't really know of any! :? The only one I know of just now is at Sulaco, but I want to do a quick stock-take.

If you have any links then please share them...

P.S. I'm writing my own, and I'm sure that many people have been in the same situation before.

Useless Hacker
03-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Me is writing my own too...

Probably not as good as yours though. :wink:

Harry Hunt
03-11-2003, 12:39 PM
*Cough* Interface Editor comes with XCESS *Cough*

ggs
09-11-2003, 05:14 AM
There is this Direct3D GUI from here (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?whichpage=1&pagesize=20&topic_id=175976) which I've been translating to delphi.

However, the Interface Editor that comes with XCESS is probable the only freeware versions that actually comes with its own editor that I've seen. But that does use the VCL

Alimonster
10-11-2003, 09:08 AM
There is this Direct3D GUI from here (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?whichpage=1&pagesize=20&topic_id=175976) which I've been translating to delphi.
Looks promising (and pretty thorough!). Thanks for this -- I'll play about with it when I get the chance (though I'm an OpenGL man myself, the ideas should be portable).

However, the Interface Editor that comes with XCESS is probable the only freeware versions that actually comes with its own editor that I've seen. But that does use the VCL
Indeed. It's a polished product but I've had an allergy to the VCL for my games for some time now. Guess it's just the control freak in me wanting to build my own, rather similar framework. :)

Harry Hunt
10-11-2003, 11:21 AM
xcess is not VCL.

ggs
17-11-2003, 11:32 PM
xcess is not VCL.
It does use the VCL streaming system, & misc stuff from my brief overview.

The VCL in delphi covers a lot of provided functionality. Including the unit 'classes' is probable the best indicator.

ggs
17-11-2003, 11:35 PM
Looks promising (and pretty thorough!). Thanks for this -- I'll play about with it when I get the chance (though I'm an OpenGL man myself, the ideas should be portable).
I'm planning on releasing the translated stuff just before I leave for holidays, and I hope I'll be able to finish off the bulk of the stuff left before I do actually leave.

Indeed. It's a polished product but I've had an allergy to the VCL for my games for some time now. Guess it's just the control freak in me wanting to build my own, rather similar framework. :)
In my RTTI streaming demo, it has my attempt at such a framework there.

Alimonster
18-11-2003, 06:32 AM
xcess is not VCL.
It does use the VCL streaming system, & misc stuff from my brief overview.

The VCL in delphi covers a lot of provided functionality. Including the unit 'classes' is probable the best indicator.
Yep. I view the VCL as the stuff in the $DELPHI\Source\VCL directory (if you have the VCL source). We're hardcore gits, Harry, which means that we reimplement everything. It's more fun that way! ;)

GGS, keep up the progress. Your framework is getting pretty comprehensive. Any idea of when Superpig going to talk about the graphics part of Enginuity?

Harry Hunt
18-11-2003, 06:55 AM
you gotta know what's good for you, lads :D

WILL
18-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Hmm... It's XCESS going VCL anyhow?

Harry Hunt
18-11-2003, 02:57 PM
if what you mean't to say was "isn't xcess going VCL anyhow?" then the answer is yes.

WILL
18-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Err... yeah. :)