PDA

View Full Version : FreePascal for GPH Caanoo

KidPaddle
12-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi,

finally i got a working cross compiler for Caanoo under Windows. I have attached a sdl sample demo, which runs on Caanoo and N800(!). It loads a image and display a simple image and after 2,5 seconds it terminates automatically. I used for cross compiling the original toolchain from GPH SDK.

It can be, that the compiled samples runs under pandora, but i can't test it.

Thomas

PS.: It works on Palm Pre with WebOS 1.4.5 too.

WILL
12-03-2011, 10:24 PM
This seems interesting. Can you explain a little bit about Caanoo and what it is/does?

paul_nicholls
13-03-2011, 03:54 AM
This seems interesting. Can you explain a little bit about Caanoo and what it is/does?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X_Caanoo

The Caanoo is an open-source, Linux-based handheld video game console and media player created by GamePark Holdings of South Korea. It is the successor to the GP2X Wiz, and was showcased at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010.

The Caanoo can run many emulators (e.g. GnGEO "SNK Neo Geo AES/MVS", Hu-Go "NEC PC-Engine", MAME4all "Arcade Coin-ops" and Picodrive "SEGA Master System / Megadrive / Mega CD / 32X"), freeware homebrew games/applications, flash games/applications (through an additional software), java games/applications (through an additional software) and commercial games/applications.

cheers,
Paul

KidPaddle
13-03-2011, 06:37 AM
From german gp2x board i got response, that the pandora is working too. So this cross compiler supports now:

- Caanoo
- N800
- Palm Pre WebOS 1.4.5
- Pandora

Maybe:
- Beagleboard
- IGEPv2

Greetings
Thomas

paul_nicholls
13-03-2011, 08:00 AM
From german gp2x board i got response, that the pandora is working too. So this cross compiler supports now:

- Caanoo
- N800
- Palm Pre WebOS 1.4.5
- Pandora

Maybe:
- Beagleboard
- IGEPv2

Greetings
Thomas

Very nice Thomas...great work :)

cheers,
Paul

KidPaddle
13-03-2011, 12:52 PM
The IGEPv2 - Board is working too.

I made a simple windows environment:

http://www.seban.de/download/crosscompiler/armel/FPC4ARM.7z

The used programs and libraries are taken from cygwin, devkitGP2X or offical toolchains from GPH.

Unpack it, call setupconfig.bat, which creates a valid fpc.cfg, depends on your setup path. Do not use a path with spaces in, i have not test this situation.

To compile the sample, execute setenv.bat, which open a dos shell:
cd sample\sdltest01
make_gp2x.bat compiles for gp2x
make_wiz.bat compiles for gp2xwiz
make_armel.bat compiles for caanoo, pandora, IGEPv2, N800, PalmPre WebOS 1.4.5 and more.

If you need more libraries, take them from device or available toolchain and put them into the "ToolChain\device\libs" directories, maybe you have to rename them. Thats all.

cheers,
Thomas

paul_nicholls
13-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Nice! Thanks so much Thomas :)

I might try making some more programs for the GP2X again...

So, would I just download the latest devkitGP2X then?

cheers,
Paul

KidPaddle
14-03-2011, 07:53 AM
The Libraries libSDL, libSDL_Image, libSDL_mixer and libSDL_ttf are already in my SDK, if you need more, you can copy them from gp2x device or take them from devkitGP2X - SDK. If you are using static libraries, you have to download devkitGP2X - SDK too.

Thomas

paul_nicholls
14-03-2011, 09:43 AM
The Libraries libSDL, libSDL_Image, libSDL_mixer and libSDL_ttf are already in my SDK, if you need more, you can copy them from gp2x device or take them from devkitGP2X - SDK. If you are using static libraries, you have to download devkitGP2X - SDK too.

Thomas

Oh, ok...thanks for the update Thomas :)

I might try something with what your SDK :)

cheers,
Paul

paul_nicholls
24-03-2011, 01:44 AM
The IGEPv2 - Board is working too.

I made a simple windows environment:

http://www.seban.de/download/crosscompiler/armel/FPC4ARM.7z

The used programs and libraries are taken from cygwin, devkitGP2X or offical toolchains from GPH.

Unpack it, call setupconfig.bat, which creates a valid fpc.cfg, depends on your setup path. Do not use a path with spaces in, i have not test this situation.

To compile the sample, execute setenv.bat, which open a dos shell:
cd sample\sdltest01
make_gp2x.bat compiles for gp2x
make_wiz.bat compiles for gp2xwiz
make_armel.bat compiles for caanoo, pandora, IGEPv2, N800, PalmPre WebOS 1.4.5 and more.

If you need more libraries, take them from device or available toolchain and put them into the "ToolChain\device\libs" directories, maybe you have to rename them. Thats all.

cheers,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,
I followed the instructions above to compile the sdltest01 for gp2x, and it compiled nicely :)

Now I just have to find my gp2x to do some tests! I have misplaced it...I'm sure it is at home SOMEWHERE :(

Thanks for the SDK mate :)

cheers,
Paul