PDA

View Full Version : List index out of bounds

Mrwb
15-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Hi! This is maybe a stupid question but it's starting to annoy me..

Somthimes when I write procedures and functions in Delphi, I get an error message saying "list index out of bounds" BEFORE compiling the program, it just pops up while writing the code. It doesent matter what code the procedure/function contains. Afterwards, I can't use the "shift" symbols (like the following: /&#(")#=AŹ§) nor can I press enter to change line. Why is this, and how can it be avoided or fixed? The only "fix" I've found so far, is restarting delphi or reopening the project which can be a real nag..

Paulius
15-11-2003, 10:20 PM
I sometimes get a similar problem only instead of ?˘_~list index out of bounds?˘_~ I get a DCC something error messagebox and can?˘_Tt write anything until I restart Delphi. This happens very rarely, but it's annoying.

wilbur989
16-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Did this seem to start after installing a package or has it always done it? If it has always done it I would think its a bad install. Both error messages have to do with code insight and class designers. Most of the time when I start getting similar messages is after I have installed a flakey package. Also what version of delphi are you using? Delphi 5 has a well known NT issue that does not always manifest itself the same way twice nor does it manifest itself the same way on different installations. Borlads fix for it is to upgrade to 6 or better. So if you are using 5 on NT, 2000, or XP, this could be the problem. Like I said though some installtions fo D5 have worked flawlessly but some don't.

-Jeremy

siim
16-11-2003, 04:23 PM
I had same problem (with Delphi 5) and reinstall with servicepack one has helped me. But sometimes my delphi doesn't find all the units inside a really HUGE project (when i just tell the delphi to run the programm). After a complete build everything is back to normal again.

Siim

Mrwb
16-11-2003, 05:58 PM
wilbur989: I'm using delphi 6 and winxp. I just uninstalled some packages after seeing your reply, and so far, I haven't seen the error. (erm.. quite logical since I've only been using delphi for ten min. after the uninstall ;)) I hope it works, if not then I guess I'll have to reinstall.. :S

Thanks for the fast replies. :)