PDA

View Full Version : I've learned Ode To Joy What Next?

WILL
18-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Well as the subject line says, I've taken my first steps into the world of piano music and I'm ready to start learning other new tricks. I'm still fairly new and I'm taking lessons and practicing from various other sources. GarageBand's free lessons help, but I'm also going to other websites that have some pretty good step by step instruction.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other simplistic music sheets or pieces that I could learn new tricks with? Keeping in mind that I'm still learning the very very basics.

dazappa
18-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Well as the subject line says, I've taken my first steps into the world of piano music and I'm ready to start learning other new tricks. I'm still fairly new and I'm taking lessons and practicing from various other sources. GarageBand's free lessons help, but I'm also going to other websites that have some pretty good step by step instruction.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other simplistic music sheets or pieces that I could learn new tricks with? Keeping in mind that I'm still learning the very very basics.
Beethoven's entire 9th? :P Only teasing, but have you considered actually buying some books / booklets geared for piano lessons? Believe me, the music is painful, but it's a great way to get started learning

code_glitch
18-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Id give a simplified 'Requiem for a dream' also known as requiem for a tower a spin. I have the sheet music if you want a pdf copy.

WILL
19-04-2011, 05:30 AM
Yeah, I've thought of looking at books or something. So far I've been looking at the http://www.epianostudio.com/ website and the lessons that are freely available with GarageBand. Any other sites that have such lessons? Or is there any book that you'd recommend I pick up instead?

Id give a simplified 'Requiem for a dream' also known as requiem for a tower a spin. I have the sheet music if you want a pdf copy.

Sure! Send away, I'd be happy to give it a try at least. :)

code_glitch
19-04-2011, 11:28 AM
No proble, I'll Pm you a copy... It might be a tad complicated for an absolute beginner, but it was my first piece ;) and it has quite a few patterns and uses the same notes over. or you could go one handed. Err, where did I put the sheet music again? 1 sec.

Edit: forget how to attach stuff to a PM so I'll attach to this post instead.

Edit2: Or not... Will, I don't suppose you could do anything about the 19kb file limit for pdfs could you? ::) They're about 40-65KB because they have to embed the fonts for the scores and etc I think so I cant upload them to PGD...