PDA

View Full Version : UnDelphiX & DelphiX?

Damot
03-12-2003, 10:21 AM
What exactly is the difference between DelphiX & UnDelphix?

Is UnDelphix more compatible with later machines/directx versions?

Does DelphiX work okay with DirectX9+ ?

Useless Hacker
03-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Here is the UnDelphiX Homepage (http://turbo.gamedev.net/undelphix.asp).

Originally, DelphiX used Hori's own non-standard header translations, and UnDelphiX was a project to convert it to use the JEDI DelphiX headers. It can be marginally faster in some circumstances as well.

It seems that there is now a DirectX 8.1 version of UnDelphiX for Delphi 7. I haven't tried this yet, but bear in mind that DirectDraw has not changed since DirectX 7, so this part of the library will be the same.

As far as I know, there is no difference between the compatibility from DelphiX to UnDelphiX, though if you use the DirectX 8.1 version, you will probably need the Direct 8.1 (or newer) runtimes installed.

DirectX is (supposed to be) backwards compatible, so any older DirectX programs should still run with newer runtime versions.

Damot
05-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I'm having some trouble when DelphX enters directx on some machines. I'm using 640x480x16bit.

The screen flashs (white), sometimes several times as if it's trying to get into the cirrect display mode.

Any ideas? Is it possible to make the background default to black rather than white? That might stop the flashing effect.