PDA

View Full Version : Desktop icons moving?

Damot
17-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Has anybody had a problem with the windows desktop icons repositioning
themselves after finishing your program?

It's as if windows is resizing them for a 640x480 desktop (I'm using 640x480 in DelphiX) when the program closes. Perhaps I'm not cleanly shutting DirectX down? (Should I be calling dxdraw.finalize myself?)

Any ideas folks?

Abened
17-12-2003, 08:37 PM
I've got the same problem when i try to change the resolution within my app (i think DelphiX does this internally). But some people do not have this problem because they use "Automatic Reorganisation" (i don't know the name as i haven't got an English version of Windows). This way, when the resolution changes the icons remain at the same place. I don't knwo how you can activate this in Delphi and i don't knoA§w another way around this problem either.
For now, i hope this helped a bit :)
Abened

Damot
18-12-2003, 12:24 PM
I've got the same problem when i try to change the resolution within my app (i think DelphiX does this internally). But some people do not have this problem because they use "Automatic Reorganisation" (i don't know the name as i haven't got an English version of Windows). This way, when the resolution changes the icons remain at the same place. I don't knwo how you can activate this in Delphi and i don't knoA§w another way around this problem either.
For now, i hope this helped a bit :)
Abened

I think you are refering to the desktop setting "auto arrange" ?

However I don't have that set and my icons remain in the same place, but on a friends machine the icons *occasionally* change location.

Very annoying!.