PDA

View Full Version : Yet another poll! GLScene

BlueCat
12-11-2002, 11:00 PM
Time to vote again :lol:

This poll will run for 2 days

TheLion
13-11-2002, 07:54 AM
I don't need it since I don't use it, however (before all GLScene users try to go on hunting safari) I did voted yes, because I think it's fair to open at least one forum for each popular game-programming tool / component and since GLScene is very popular among the 3D programmers... I would say a forum would not be wasted on that subject!

{MSX}
13-11-2002, 10:18 AM
I voted no (and i'm the only right now :mrgreen: ) becouse i think we should keep thing simple. That's no point in having a forum for every single argument, and neither in having more forums than people :D

It should be good to plan the forums better, since there is something strange. For example: There is a "DirectX Network" to talk about networking in multiplayer with directx, and "network" for networking in general.. And that's ok, but there is a "DirectX Sound" but not a "Sound"! So if i would speak about (let's say) FMOD there isn't a right forum for it, since i'll be OT in "DirectX sound".
I'll do this way: i'll have a single forum for this kind of thing (a "network" and a "sound"), also becouse DirectSound is less used than FMOD or BASS, and also DirectX Network is not that good..

That's IMHO, so do what you think is right :P

BlueCat
13-11-2002, 10:35 AM
The current DirectX forum structure was voted for here (http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/viewtopic.php?t=21), I understand your concerns but it's important to go with the majority vote. You never know, the poll could go the other way. That's the point, it's a fair way of deciding what to do.

If you'd like to see a general sound forum (or FMOD or whatever), start a new topic in this forum and with enough positive feedback you can have what you want :D

BTW This poll was the result of someone doing justthat (http://terraqueous.f2o.org/dgdev/viewtopic.php?t=97) :wink:

DarkSSJ
13-11-2002, 01:06 PM
I voted yes because there are a lot of GLScene users and if these users see that there is a forum about DelphiX and any forum about GLScene they could run away! :twisted:
Anyway I used GLScene only in school projects, I'm interested in SDL/OpenGL with Delphi and DirectX with C++ but I'm only a beginner...
:roll: :wink:

BlueCat
14-11-2002, 08:27 PM
Oooer I don't know what to do now! 50/50 :shock: Help!

DarkSSJ
15-11-2002, 11:43 AM
I could post a topic on GLScene community and this poll will go to 98% to 2% 8) :lol:
Anyway I think that you should make it: a lot of people is moving to GLScene! Good look...

TheLion
15-11-2002, 11:55 AM
What do you think BlueCat, benefit of the Doubt ? :shock:

iLLUNis
15-11-2002, 12:43 PM
DO IT.... :P ...nothing to lose after all.... :oops:

BlueCat
15-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Yeah OK then, you've got a GLScene forum! Personally I think GLScene's excellent, I have used it and at the time preferred it to DelphiX. Bobby's Omega project is the one to watch though :D