PDA

View Full Version : DelphiX really not very compatible nowadays...

Damot
20-02-2004, 06:18 PM
I started using DelphiX 2 years ago to get me started with DirectX and Delphi.

It really is a nice set of components but they clearly are not particularly compatible nowadays. So anyone seriously thinking of using DelphiX for a serious game should probably start writing their own code.

Has anybody started writing their own DirectX stuff from scratch? If so can you point me in the right direction of where to start?

All I want is to write a 2d game that works on many systems with directx. DelphiX has been causing me loads of probems, which is a real shame!

Bobby
20-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Search the web for more delphi components, there are lots of them out there now. On the main page under component sets you can see the list of delphi component sets that are out there now.

Bobby

Damot
20-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Search the web for more delphi components, there are lots of them out there now. On the main page under component sets you can see the list of delphi component sets that are out there now.

Bobby

I've done that a few times, the problem is there are lots of projects but I don't know if any of them are going to be more compatible than DelphiX.

So what I really want to do is learn how to write my own routines for DirectX completely from scratch. I can't seem to find a website that has a tutorial for this.

Surely it's not that complicated to create a DX surface (window/fullscreen) and write your own BMP to it. At least that would be a start! :-)

Bobby
20-02-2004, 09:30 PM
You can download the component set that me and some others are working on called the Omega Components and look at our source if you want. It will show you how to do everything with directX.

www.delphisanctuary.com

Bobby

Damot
21-02-2004, 09:24 AM
You can download the component set that me and some others are working on called the Omega Components and look at our source if you want. It will show you how to do everything with directX.

www.delphisanctuary.com

Bobby

Thanks, I'd like to have a look but I haven't been able to D/L it so far.

Do you have a new link?

Clootie
21-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Damot
You want to know "how to write my own routines for DirectX completely from scratch" - we have some:
http://clootie.narod.ru/delphi/download_dx90.html#D3Dex_Tutorials

Damot
22-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Damot
You want to know "how to write my own routines for DirectX completely from scratch" - we have some:
http://clootie.narod.ru/delphi/download_dx90.html#D3Dex_Tutorials

That's really great! Many thanks. I'm having a look now.

A lot of the 3D stuff isn't of interest (yet), but the basic DirectX surface stuff is.

It's all a bit confusing for me, but I'll stick with it!.