PDA

View Full Version : Please show me an example of a simple tile blitting renderer

shihonage
10-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Hello,

The PowerDraw 3.x examples are sorely lacking, and are mostly based around pre-written particle and font engines of questionable performance.
I currently have a DelphiX (well, actually, its pretty much raw DirectX) renderer which draws 21x21 tiles, 36x36 pixels in size each, 30 times per second. Plus there's additional overhead due to edge smoothing techniques.

I want to migrate this renderer to PowerDraw, however, since I couldn't find any simple tile tutorial for it on the Internet, I'm stuck.
I also don't know if I'll be able, even with vertex buffering, to achieve the same performance as I do with DirectDraw.

Can anyone point me to any page with an actual useful example of PowerDraw ?

I would appreciate it, thank you.

Kamaz
10-07-2004, 11:07 AM
PowerDraw.TextureMap( Image, pBounds4(myX, myY, Image.PatternWidth , Image.PatternHeight), cColor1($00FFFFFF), tPattern(0), effectSrcAlpha)

I dunno, is it correct, but I do and it works. Here Image is TAGFImage with alpha transparency (iso-tile). And if you want better perfomance, use one big Image object and then draw only patterns of it. Otherwise you could end by very low framrate.