PDA

View Full Version : Test OpenGL compatibility before initialising

czar
17-03-2004, 06:22 AM
:roll:

I have a new problem :)
Is it possible to test the compatibility of a computer before initialising GLXDraw1.Initialize? I would like to cut down on crashes because some computers do not seem to handle opengl adequately.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ralph

Andreaz
17-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Mayby you could test with the glGet(GL_VERSION) that returns the installed opengl version, not shure it will do the trick however.

Tokter
17-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Or the Vendor string, if it says Microsoft then you know it's only Softwaremode....

czar
18-03-2004, 06:03 AM
I have kind of solved the problem.

I am using glGetString(gl_version) if its less than 1.2 then it seems to bomb, and if gl_renderer is Microsoft of S3 then I also stop the program also.

Just a question is it possible to get the gl_version in the dpr? I figure you would need a canvas but has anyone got a way to find out what version of OpenGL is available before the mainform is created?

The reason I would like to know is that in the DPR I make a decision to either start up my glxtreem app or my G32 (software) app.

Tokter
23-03-2004, 02:18 PM
you probably could create a hidden form in your dpr that creates a context and gets all the information you want. The user will not notice anything...