Thread: Free code to read/write zip files with passwords using Freepascal?

Free code to read/write zip files with passwords using Freepascal?

Hi all,
    I was wanting to be able to read from (and write to) password protected zip files using Freepascal, but I am not sure what I can use?

Freepascal comes with paszlib, but that doesn't seem to handle password projected zip files..

I am hoping for a free option, and hopefully be cross-platform compatible too

Any ideas?

cheers,
    Paul

hey Paul,

i dont know if all this components are crossplattform but its up to you to check this ;>

TZIP
    ZipForge
    KAZip
    Abbrevia

you can also look at
    Torry

EDIT: oh im not familar with what FreePascal can use or not cause i use Delphi :/
    EDIT2: after reading and testing some stuff i would recomment Abbrevia cause it fit all what you asked for
    Last edited by Daikrys; 03-08-2011 at 05:32 PM.

This is not related to your question, but I'm trying to use paszlib to decompress a stream from a .gz file. But I could not make it works!

Anybody here have any working example of this?

Thanks!

by coding , i don't think you can read the content of a protected zip file , unless you know the password

Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
    This is not related to your question, but I'm trying to use paszlib to decompress a stream from a .gz file. But I could not make it works!

Anybody here have any working example of this?

Thanks!
    as i know paszlib isnt up to date
    instead use zlib pascal port its based on paszlib but its up to date
    another one would be the continued paszlib project called paszlib-sg but as i know its only compatible up to delphi 5 (paszlib-sg)

by coding , i don't think you can read the content of a protected zip file , unless you know the password
    yeah i think he mean he want to write to an archive he compiled and where he know the password
    i think he like to use a compressed archive for his games or am i wrong? :>
    Last edited by Daikrys; 03-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks to all, I will investigate the options given

And yes, I want to read from a protected archive that I built to use it in a game LOL

cheers,
    Paul