Thread: glCapsViewer (and online database)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Willems View Post
    I can now present a Mac OS X port of glCapsViewer!
    Excellent, I'll be glad to submit my iMac's hardware as well then! That's if it works.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    It worked. Nice job! Works like a charm, except the App icon is a bit small and looks silly tiny on my system. lol

I submitted a report (and it seems I did so before while running WinXP in Parallels on this system too!) which worked just great. Kudos to whomever did the porting. Maybe they can take a look at one of my game projects I'm trying to port over to Mac just now.

Well if you got it going for Mac, the next logical step is iOS! You'd only need a single report from each device, unless you are trying for popularity of hardware.

Oh and don't forget to update your new URL in your downloads page! I noticed it wasn't changed yet.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Ah great that it worked. Mac OS X reports are coming in, so I guess the tool works fine everywhere. As for the icon, it's out of my hands but I gave damadmax the same Icon that I used for the linux/windows versions, so dunno why it's so small.

And the port was pretty easy, as I mostly prepared it before sending it to damadmax, so he only hat to add a few lines (mostly for getting the OS-version info). And yeah, iOS would be nice too I guess, I'll have to think about that one.

Blog Entries
    I think it's the case of it being only 16x16 or 32x32. Mac OS X uses a much higher resolution for their icons. That's why they look so much nicer than older Windows I think. Unless he did something to resize it, but that wouldn't make sense. Just try sending him a bigger size icon. 64x64 or 128x128 or 256x256 even should do it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder