Quote Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
The speed is lower now with the new release.
I noticed. It's a lot more playable now.

Well, you have to press a key after your plane disappeared from the screen. I now introduced a message hinting on this. Or don't you respawn even after pressing a key?
I'm not sure anymore. But with rc3 I didnt have this issue anymore.

Could you give me more details on this behaviour? Do these things affect you? Do you lose lives? Actually the lists containig bullets or explosions are cleared when you die. This is a strange behaviour. Have no solution at hand right now. I remember having similar behaviour when the lists wheren't cleared properly in an earlier stage of development. However they should be cleared properly now.
I believe it's from a bomb getting destroyed. Now that the game is not so fast anymore I can see an explosion right after you gain control over the plane after a respawn.
Edit: I noticed that it's from pressing spacebar while the plane is still making its entrance. There's is no visible bomb but after gaining control, the destruction from the bomb seems to be there.

This should be fixed now. When you use ESC and press any key after the plane disappeared from screen, you should always just get back to the main menu. It's a strange ending, however, it is also strange for a jet pilot to decide to self-destruct its million dollar jet .
I'm not sure what you fixed, but I still see the -1 and plane destruction (unless perhaps this is intensional). I also noticed that if you press escape without having scored points your quit the game entirely instead of returning to the menu.

What do mean exactly by nothing happens? Is it like you got locked by an endless loop? So no plane?
Yes, but I've not encountered this in rc3, yet.

Someone else also mentioned troubles with the highscore. Also deleting the file fixed it for him. I never experienced any problems with the highscore file.The highscore file is manipulated at three points only. 1) Read or created at the initilization of the game. 2) When opening the highscore table from the main menu. 3) When you have enough points to put yourself to the highscore. I guess the troubles are related to the file manipulation at 3). I have to check this whole procedure again.
EDIT: I probably found the problem. Did you just press enter without typing in a name when you are asked for it? This at least lets the score.dat get corrupt. The next time you try to start the game the window stays blank. Now I fixed this with release of 0.9 RC3.
That might have been the case. It seems fixed now.

Two other things I noticed.
- lifes is spelled lives
- when you die and the plane is against the right screen you can still move the plane, causing the plane to shake.