phibermon has reached out to me and proposed the idea of starting a means of a live chat system designed just for our little community that will allow PGD and non-PGD members who use Pascal to chat live among each other.

I believe his key point was best said...

"I'm hungry for realtime chat but find a lot of game programming rooms often shun pascal developers and find the pascal related rooms devoid of game coders."

Obviously referring to the existing #FPC and #Lazarus-IDE rooms over on the Freenode IRC servers.

IRC was mentioned, but we tried this a while back and I don't think that it lasted too long. Besides this seems a little bit old of a concept in this day and age of digital communication. We later discussed another idea that I liked.

One of the ideas he presented to me was something that caught my eye the most and that was a seemingly simply, yet sleek looking web script called AJAX Chat. Use of Flash and Ruby is optional, but I doubt that we'll make use of Flash so that it can be run on all your iPads and iPhones. Also there can be multiple rooms where a different category of topics can be discussed to prevent congestion if traffic picks up among a group already in discussion. It'll be up to you guys how you want to organize the rooms.

Does this idea seem to interest you? Would you stop in for a chat and like to discuss issues with others live? Would integration with the PGD website make this more attractive than old and dull IRC clients?

Who would be interested in having a live Chatbox on PGD that people can talk with each other live kind of like IRC, but a bit more modern and in more of a Web 2.0 way of chatting?