View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a live chat system on PGD?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

3 14.29%
  • Yes

18 85.71%

Thread: AJAX Chatbox for Pascal developers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Looks good Will, but I think something integrated with the forum would be better. I'm sure there is a vBulletin plugin around.
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Blog Entries
    Well there is a shoutbox plugin that I can use as well, but I wanted to try out the chat windows first. See how it works.

This one is the vBulletin version too. You'll notice it knows your account name and all the forum names upon loading. I can do more to tweak it and integrate things.

I've tested it on my iPad and iPhone and it works pretty good on both. I can see it working well on the Android devices too. iPhone was a bit small and took effort to work with the UI, but iPad obviously was easier to work with. Anyone test it on other devices just for kicks?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    So what do you guys think?

I'm not getting much feedback from at least 14 interested people. lol Stating interest about the chat app only in the Chat room doesn't help, because it's only a testbed right now. I have yet to tweak it and make it more PGD-ish.

I can see some interesting things that we could do with this eventually. It's pretty lean which is the best part about this particular one. I can add on some pretty neat things such as Twitter integration, advanced chatbot stuff, announcements in chat, chat logs and live development discussions.

Again it's at http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/chat/ so try it out and give feedback!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I would be interested in the chat feature
    It seems good from my tiny play...

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Oh sorry. Its definitely useful and I have a decent chat with it (the updating could be a tad smoother ?) and a few more people to use it too could be good.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking of holding regular chat sessions. Or perhaps a mini-webinar of sorts. Would anyone be interested in that taking place in the PGD Chat?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Yes indeed, count me in
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

i think a live chat system for a forum is a very bad idea .... it simply defeats the point of a forum - the point being that answers can be searched and found from the site and search engines - live chat can not, which means people repeat the same questions/answers over and over, and in the future when no one posts useful information - knowledge is lost....
    Download the Ziron Assembler
    Get free hosting for Ziron related fan-sites and Ziron projects, contact me in private message.