Thread: nD SDK released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Jeremy - You quite clearly have experience in these matters so I shall defer to your wisdom. I'm suprised to learn that there is room within the various cost conciderations to actually meet such a low price, makes me wonder if the pandora team could of got better deals.

Reading what you say it seems that the right buy-in partner at this stage could make all the difference. Certainly what they offer is attractive and they seem to be marketing themselves well but it is concerning to think that a big name manufacturer could seek to push a small start-up out of pocket given they have so many strong ties to publishers and have the edge in marketing funds.

I should expect that the Dingoo or various gamepark devices could also be sold for far less given they seem to be in the same ball-park hardware wise. I'll cross my fingers for the nD but in the end, I'd choose a pandora if only I could get my hands on one!
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

The entire problem is in numbers. An example, we were looking at doing a robotics platform based around an ARM7 from Atmel. The processor in low quantities was ~$5.00, but if we could figure out a way to get to 10k+ the price drop was like $1.79. Absolutely insane, but that's the way it goes .