This isn't my project, but I've been following it for quite some time. I just checked the site and this is also a bit of old news, but the nD project has released the SDK for development (http://the-nd.com/wiki/SDK). The good news is that the project is using SDL completely! The bad news is there will probably need to be a port of FPC to support nD development.

Don't know what nD is, well, here is a quick overview (from the site):
"we think there's a place in the market for a "Model-T" of handheld video game systems.
with digital distribution, we don't need to rent out a huge section of retail stores to sell our system.
we think that's boring and cumbersome, anyway! this isn't 1985!

why would you leave your house and make a trip to a store just to buy something you could download in the first place?
what if it's late at night and you see something interesting? why plan your schedule around buying a game?
we've decided not to limit ourselves to just one point of sale- we're getting creative.
the more units we sell, the more games we sell- and more developers want to make games for it!

we can be insanely flexible! since the nD is extremely affordable, we can improve and remodel our design constantly.
there are already several different form-factors in the works- so you aren't stuck with one system for years.
don't like the buttons? want a bigger screen? give your nD to a friend and get new model!
likewise, the nD hardware specs can improve with time as well- of course, making sure to keep backwards compatibility.
the games you buy will only continue looking better and better! you'll be consistently surprised by our innovations."

Basically, nD is a CHEAP (read less than $50 "sold at cost, price will vary based on manufacturing quantity. $10 is possible.") handheld gaming system made from the ground up. The truly funny part is the nD is a new open indie handheld gaming device currently under development by a team led by "bob's game" creator, Robert Pelloni.

Basically Robert got pissed when Nintendo said no to him releasing his game and decided enough was enough. If you look around, nD is getting a lot of press and may be a really good thing for us Indy developers

PS: I'm not dead yet, still, but just haven't had time to spend online outside of work

- Jeremy