Hmm, I've now looked at most of the material I can find regarding the nD.

I followed the development cycle of the Open-Pandora for a long time, learning about the issues they faced and the costs invloved.

With the nD, I can't find any discussions or information regarding the actual hardware or it's current position to market.

An SDK and talk of their 'development prototype' (probably a beagle-board or other such embedded platform) don't provide evidence of a product that will be released any time soon.

Now they could be keeping quiet on that front as most commercial hardware vendors do, but they are asking a lot for people to develop games for their system before offering proof that the system will come to market. (Ok, it's SDL so it's not as if it's a major risk)

It would be incredible if they can hit the $10-$20 mark and I'd snap their arm off at that price, but when you concider these factors :

Component Costs
Manufacturing Costs
Shipping costs
FCC style red tape
Stringent safety tests (as they're saying it's aimed at kids)
Different processes for different countries
Things I don't know about

Well, I have my doubts that such a price can be met, especially given that initial runs are expensive and you need huge batches to bring costs down.

But I will root for them! if they can get some commercial devs creating games too, there is certainly a space in the market for a cheap handheld device of this class, for the reason that they stated (cheap, expendable, 'give away' hardware) and because there are people that live on tight budgets.

They won't add Wi-Fi, but if they can utialize the PC usb port to enable gameboy style 'link' games then that would be awesome