Quote Originally Posted by savage
I need to ask, why the move away from FreePascal, now that it works on Win32, Linux, FreeBSD and MacOS why move the engine to C/C++? What can C/C++ give you that FreePascal will not?
It's easier to find skilled developers for C++. At some point we were stuck due to unability in finding people. Enthusiastic development is troublesome As for me, i'd like to see if one could port it to Linux or MacOS (i dont' know the situation with memory-mapped files under MacOS, but i think it is solvable).

If you really do plan to release the sourcecode, then I would suggest creating a SourceForge project for it as that would allow people to get at the source code and to keep the project alive in some way.
Maybe that's a good idea, but unfortunatly i have no time to maintain it. If someone is interested - i'll try to supply him all basic info on building the engine and about necessary file formats so he could make a brief documentation for developers etc. But no one is eager to take it up at this moment.
It is a pity that this project is being moved to C/C++ as it shows that great looking 3D engine are just as easily coded in Pascal as C/C++
I think the methodology doesn't matter. As for Pascal vs C++ - it would be interesting to support identical data formats for both engine's, at least for some time.