48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 54.17%
  • No

22 45.83%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Site Name!

New Site Name!

As for search engines, ever hear of Meta Tags? The wonderful little things allow you to add keywords without needing to be seen within the content of the site. They're great for search engines.
    Just on a side note, not all search engines check out the meta tags. Google for example doesn't even look at the meta tags, it generates the page description on the pages itself. No comment on the use and/or explanation of meta tags tho!
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

New Site Name!

the percents of votes for both are too close, you'll have to do a compromise otherwise one side will be very unhappy
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

New Site Name!

I do vote for Pascal , since the real language used is Pascal and not Delphi.

Delphi users will be concerned, as well as FreePascal and other platforms too.

(and moreover I'm currently working with FP so ... )

New Site Name!

I like the idea of having a page for all pascal languages and I don't have any problem with the name change. The only thing I'm worried about is that 99% of the site will still be concerning Delphi and only 1% other pascal dialects. If this happens I'd say we should stick with Delphi in the name otherwise Pascal.
    Signature:
    <br />This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

New Site Name!

i dont like pacsal game developmant...
    it doesn't match...i think
    developers of game creation in delphi...
    dont know
    "With great power comes great responsibility"

New Site Name!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLion
    PGDev allready sounds a lot better tho!
    For what it's worth, I agree with my friend the lion :salute: :thelion:

It took me literally less than 30 seconds to come up with the name DGDev, sometimes it's best to go with what feels right and not analyse it too much.

Change the D to a P and I'll be a happy cat :viking:

New Site Name!

Ugh, don't call it "Pascal Games Development", please!
    Why don't you use a neutral name that mentions neither Pascal nor Delphi and then have a subtitle of some sort.

"X-Dev for all your Pascal/Delphi game development needs"

if you call it "PGDev" then make it "Pascal Game Development", not "GameS Development" .
    Ask me about the xcess game development kit

New Site Name!

Uhm... maybe we can use a main url, like pgd.net, or x-dev or wathever you want, and a couple of subdomain like delphi.pgd.net, freepascal.pgd.net, etc. Isn't so hard to make a dynamic site (with php or asp) that shows different contents according with url request.
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

New Site Name!

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    Uhm... maybe we can use a main url, like pgd.net, or x-dev or wathever you want, and a couple of subdomain like delphi.pgd.net, freepascal.pgd.net, etc. Isn't so hard to make a dynamic site (with php or asp) that shows different contents according with url request.
    Nice idea, we could host some sites for members too, like turbo.gamedev.net

Blog Entries

Poll Ends tonight!

Legolas: It's a good idea so long as you have a web programmer wanting to do the extra coding. Sersiouly though it's best if we stick to one title for the one site. As neat an idea it may be.

Well today will be the last day for voting since everyone has had a chance to vote. I will lockup the polls at the end of today. Approx. 6:00 GMT

As for the new name. You can pretty much guess... It will be Pascal Game Development since most do not have a problem with this and the majority do like the new title. The benifit to this besides personal taste is that we will in title represent ALL Pascal compilers and game development platforms. Not just the more popular ones. For those that have worries that this means less of anything at all, not so. In fact there will be much more content on all aspects of Pascal Game Development than before. More news posts with more reporters, staff written articles and staff screened and submitted tutorials for quality control and last, but not least our wonderful fourms!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast