Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That is very interesting, DelphiXE2, FireMonkey, GLSCENE?

That is very interesting, DelphiXE2, FireMonkey, GLSCENE?

Uhm, well that certainly puts things into perspective. I'm interested in reading Embarcadero's reaction.

Smile

Yeah, we'll see what happens.

When trying FireMonkey stuff, I had the feeling things were vaguely familiar, even though I've never used it nor the KSDev components, but didn't suspect they were so familiar under the hood. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Uhm, well that certainly puts things into perspective. I'm interested in reading Embarcadero's reaction.
    I really like to see, GLScene's community reaction...Here...

Blog Entries
    Did KSDev not use parts of GLScene before with DXScene and the rest of those libraries?

I just plain went to my list of contacts on Skype, found David I. and threw up the URL in the little text box and hit send... we'll see I guess.

At least if anyone wants to adapt features into FireMonkey into great a game engine with it, it should be easy to do.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Yes, DXScene is likely how it got in. I don't remmebr, was DXScene open-source? If not the breach of license could be dating up to it.

Blog Entries
    DXScene and Eugine's other frameworks/libraries were all commercial. None of it was free as far as I knew. You can take a look back through PGD's new archives on the front page. I posted about this not long before Embarcadero bought KSDev and his services from him.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

DXScene and Eugine's other frameworks/libraries were all commercial. Ever....

So it looks like Eugene was in breach of the MPL all along... With Embarcadero having bought the IP, I guess the issue becomes quite interesting indeed.

MPL compliance is easy, it it appears there are other copy-paste of GPL source, Embarcadero could be in for some trouble.

Very small fraction of people who rip other's code provide the proper credit, so I'm not surprised that KSDev's original developers succumbed to this practice, which eventually led the code into Delphi.

However, I'm surprised that the code made its way unmodified. The code itself is poorly written. What was doing Embarcadero's QA department when this code was integrated? Perhaps the code's quality assurance is not part of Embarcadero's business practices?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast