Now, recently as many are aware I entered the Ludum Dare 21 and had some trouble.

Finally, the problem has been uncovered and I post this as a warning to future foreign developers...

IF YOU USE SYSUTILS OR STRTOFLOAT and similar procedures read carefully:

On continental translations such as French and I suspect German also, FLOATING POINT values in a string MUST have a , (COMMA) while on other translations it is a . (POINT).

Using the inappropriate decimal separator will result in various and seemingly random access violation, runtime errors and the like.

Sascha Willems: I remembered reading of this game (http://www.saschawillems.de/?page_id=89) and how it only ran on german versions of windows. This was in truth the link that must have snapped in my mind to test it on different languages of windows and it was a good choice too... I've spoken to a few other fellow Ludum Dare coders about this issue and they also report some odd behavior, however they used a try statement to avoid the fatal...

MS, why you did this I have no clue, for NT 7, change it back! please?

Not to take advantage of this, the source code for the above game would not be available would it as the problem may be solved and I've always wanted to play that damn cool looking game

a very annoyed and semi-formal code_glitch that will in future install a fresh XP install for each new windows related task...