View Poll Results: Are you interested in the Sushi Quest engine?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I would pay for a license

3 12.50%
  • Yes, but only if free

11 45.83%
  • Yes, other option (explain)

5 20.83%
  • Not interested

5 20.83%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My game engine

Congrats with start

About a site - it's a bit difficult to read a text with font which is used on the site. I don't know how it looks on MacOS X, but on Linux and Windows - thin and messy... Only big Titles(e.g. TERRA game engine) looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Congrats with start

About a site - it's a bit difficult to read a text with font which is used on the site. I don't know how it looks on MacOS X, but on Linux and Windows - thin and messy... Only big Titles(e.g. TERRA game engine) looks good.
    I noticed that too about the site, and this was on a 30" LCD monitor at work

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I signed up for the beta.
    Thanks, should be available next week

Is FreePascal 2.6.0 RC1 supported?
    While I did not test it with that version, I'm pretty sure that yes, since all of the engine is written in Delphi mode, and only uses the language features from Delphi 7.

What I noticed looking at the wiki that types don't have the usual T prefix that is specified by the Delphi coding guidelines. Is there are special reason behind this?
    I don't use it since I think it makes the code look ugly. However that's a good point, since most people are probably used to it, I will add more types definitions, as TRenderer = Renderer, so that both can be used

Also, you should install the phpBB forums, when I clicked the forums link a few minutes ago, the install thingy popped up.
    Thanks for the tip, the forum was actually installed, but yesterday I accidentally did overwrite the config file, I was able to restore it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Congrats with start

Yes, that's true, I'll change the font when I get home, thanks for the suggestion
    Last edited by Relfos; 16-12-2011 at 11:12 AM.

TERRA is now available for download at www.pascalgameengine.com (Also includes a wiki and a forum)

It comes packaged with sample demos and the full source code of one of my games (and I plan to release the source of other of my games written using the engine).
    Right the package only includes support to Windows, I'm currently fixing some small problems with the Linux and OSX versions and I'll release a new update this next week.

Along with Linux and OSX support, the next update will bring support more of the TERRA API (currently only about 60% of it is exposed in TERRA_Engine.pas), with stuff like support for leaderboards (similar to the Game Center in iOS, but works on any platform), networking (with matchmaking, no need for external servers), animated textures (video and webcam), along with more samples.
    Support for iOS and Android will come soon too
    Last edited by Relfos; 17-02-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Stroked lines in Features section looks really scary.
    And like ppl says in previous posts foonts seems to look very thin and uncomfortable for reading.
    Anyway, greets!
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why

Quote Originally Posted by Darthman View Post
    Stroked lines in Features section looks really scary.
    And like ppl says in previous posts foonts seems to look very thin and uncomfortable for reading.
    Anyway, greets!
    Stroked lines are the features that are implemented but currently not available to the public yet (either due to lack of documentation/samples, or the code is not clean enough/stable)
    The site really needs a better font, and some other changes, I still had no time for improving it

Yeah, that known to me. I have no time for website improvement for very long time. But now I do and I'm very happy about it. It's simple and pretty right now (but still need content to go )

I think that you must not to stroke this features, but "disable" it by using low contrast font, gray for example. It will be fell like disabled (for some reason) features and not so weird. Also you can write at the bottom of the page that grayed features are planned, and will be available soon. IMO ofc.

*I answer "not interested" in poll cause I use my own engine, however I'd like you to finish it someday.
    Last edited by Darthman; 17-02-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why

Nice! I must try it.

Right now I'm in another project but I have another one that may need it.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthman View Post
    Yeah, that known to me. I have no time for website improvement for very long time. But now I do and I'm very happy about it. It's simple and pretty right now (but still need content to go )

I think that you must not to stroke this features, but "disable" it by using low contrast font, gray for example. It will be fell like disabled (for some reason) features and not so weird. Also you can write at the bottom of the page that grayed features are planned, and will be available soon. IMO ofc.

*I answer "not interested" in poll cause I use my own engine, however I'd like you to finish it someday.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I already changed the font, and once I get some more free time I'll test having some grey test for the disabled features

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Nice! I must try it.

Right now I'm in another project but I have another one that may need it.
    Nice, in case you need any help integrating TERRA with your projects, I'll be eager to help

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567