Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolkenwelt

nice good luck

drop a line after the comp how well it sell, i would hardly interested in

Looking good mate, I hope it goes well for you

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I've decided to enter Wolkenwelt in the October Challenge (a challenge by the Ludum Dare organisators where you have to create a game, take it to the market and earn at least 1$). The official pre-order date for Wolkenwelt is October 21th and here is a new screenshot:
    Oh, I just thought about what competition I should enter next, since I have worked too much august-september to make the uDevGames competition. Never heard about this one before.

So you expect to be finished three weeks from now? Your game looks quite odd, which is a positive thing. Seems to have a bit in common with SimCity, Be a king or Deadlock? (But maybe I am just reacting on the lack of power problem, which is common in both SimCity and Deadlock.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    So you expect to be finished three weeks from now?
    I want to be, but I don't think it's realistic at all. I'll be starting pre-orders by then and I'm using a similar model that Wolfire is using with Overgrowth. If you pre-order Wolkenwelt you get a current build of the game each week until the game is finished. (You get the finished game as well, of course.)

To be honest, I never knew Deadlock. I googled it, found some screenshots and a description of it. A shame this game isn't available on GOG.com or a similar platform.
    As for energy, currently energy is just a "standard" resource in the game like food, wood, etc. Unlike in Sim City you don't need to connect buildings to your energy source.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

I was thinking of trying this challenge out. BTW Ingemar this one isn't a competition, more of a personal challenge to everyone. I was thinking of combining it with a silly supersmall competition on tigs http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=22017.0 .

In any event, I think the best way to make $1 in such a short timespan will be with flash, so I'm gonna try that out. Maybe I'll think of rewriting my pascal LD entry Isolated Empire for flash... but as it stands I don't have the money to hire semi-professionals to make me resources for what I would consider a decent enough desktop game people would buy.

Quote Originally Posted by dazappa View Post
    I was thinking of trying this challenge out. BTW Ingemar this one isn't a competition, more of a personal challenge to everyone. I was thinking of combining it with a silly supersmall competition on tigs http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=22017.0 .
    Doesn't matter, really. The important thing IMHO is to set healthy goals and deadlines. There doesn't need to be a price, only progress.

The website is online at http://www.wolkenwelt.com
    A few things on the website are subject to change (some of the graphics and the description). Since last week I've working almost day and night on the game, but the progress is quite slow unfortunately. There are some business things to iron out, but I want to make pre-orders available in the next few days.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12