Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems installing Lazarus 0.9.30 in Ubuntu 11.04

Ubuntu is quite good for linux beginners, but their repositories are out of date. If you want the newest version, you always have to find the *.deb or install it from source, which is not that pleasant if you're not used to it. That's the reason I'm moving on to archlinux. It's a load of work to install a full GUI desktop on it, but you'll have exactly what you want and you will know exactly how it works. Also, the software in their repositories is very up-to-date

And I can understand why you want 0.9.30. It was the first version I found pleasant to work with (one debugger issue was finally gone).

I have to give that docking package a try too. I found it annoying to have all those IDE windows live separately on my taskbar. Thanks for that
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere View Post
    And I can understand why you want 0.9.30. It was the first version I found pleasant to work with (one debugger issue was finally gone).

I have to give that docking package a try too. I found it annoying to have all those IDE windows live separately on my taskbar. Thanks for that
    That was exactly why I wanted 0.9.30+
    Glad I could help...the IDE is much nicer when using the docking, yay!

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Chrono:My two words of advice would be to setup a VM and install all th stuff you need inside that - then copy it to an extrernal HDD or network and dd it to your hard drive from a live cd - that way you know you have everything you need and don't end up with a machine running something you don't like using

PauL: 0.9.30+ don't have all those pesky windows on your desktop I am so giving that a spin.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12