If I am correct, this is the place where one can get some help with PowerDraw, Asphyre [now?] components?

If that's so, here's my problem -
I use PowerDraw 3.x version to draw an isomap.
Isomap statistics -
  • tile width 64
  • tile height 46
  • tiled object width 64
  • tiled object height 128
  • Scr_resolution 800x600
  • x tiles per screen ~17
  • y tiles per screen ~34
  • tiled object per screen 419
  • bit-depth bd16

and machin -
Code:
AMD 1600XP 1450Mhz 256 DDR 256MHz GeForce Ti4200 128 MB DDR Golden Ed. (:))
and the problem is I am having low framerate. I mean, 87-88 FPS (without VSync, of course). Considering my hardware, that is not quite bleeding edge stuff, of course, but, on the other hand, 800x600 bd16 also is nothing too resource-consuming, I think I should be having [way] better results and that really worries me, because it is game I am writing and it should run as smoothly as possible (VSync) on as much computers as possible.

I ran all the included sample projects on my PC and their FPS is about 200-250 frames per second(except for one project, Demo1, I guess, which runs on 45fps I dunno why). What freaks me out. Of course, most of those projects werent much of complicity, but there is iso-map example which processes even a wave - much more calculations than I do. So I dont know whats wrong with me. I went through my code looking for any optimization, but this far I have earned only some 10 FPS what is good, of course, but not satisfactional. Maybe its alpha that slows down the thing, but, hey, I thought PowerDraw uses Direct3D for alpha/rotating that boosts up those drammatically.
Anyways, maybe I am not doing the blitting the right way? I just do usual TextureMap and that's all - first I draw a land-tiles, then tiled-objects and then cursor. Can anyone help me? I would be damn thankfull.