Thread: Physics engines

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There is a full Chipmunk port to Delphi, which is very old and you will be needed to make an effort to make it works with FPC But it's can be done, year ago or so I done this, but then decided to make bindings instead of this

Also there is a port of Box2D for Delphi. I don't know how it works now with FreePascal, but long time ago I didn't like it.

like Chipmunk Physics, but I don't see any demos, at least not any without a lot of additional dependencies.
    That is ridiculous... really, if you just can't remove only one function(cpDrawSpace) of rendering via ZenGL(or just use latest svn revision from chipmunk-pascal with adding your own rendering functions), then I don't know... how are you planing to develop something using Pascal, world of which is far from "easy way to develop" in some cases? O_o At the end of the week I can spend some time for improving chipmunk-pascal and trying to port demos which I have to Linux/MacOS X(these demos use only OpenGL and GLUT, but now works only on Windows), but I don't think it will help you a lot... because if you want to develop something with non-Pascal libraries - you should understand C/C++ and be prepared for learning C/C++ demos. Just waiting for someone help, when almost everything is ready(bindings, simple demo) - luxury which other developers have no in other cases.

Maybe I'm too rude, if so - excuse me, but text above is true.
    Last edited by Andru; 06-09-2011 at 04:40 PM.