Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That is very interesting, DelphiXE2, FireMonkey, GLSCENE?

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    I don't understand why anybody would want to rip other peoples work when creating their own equivlent parts, where's the fun in that? Or maybe Eugene just wasn't smart enough to figure it out for himself. Maybe I should try and get a job at embarcadero, they could buy the rights to my "Jem Robjects Script Pascal", I made it myself, honest!
    Last edited by phibermon; 05-09-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

I've never really looked into GLScene. I may have installed the components 6 or 7 years ago to see what it was all about, but I'm pretty sure I got no further than running some of the demos. Perhaps I'm totally wrong here, but, GLScene has been around for what, 10 years now? What exactly is it that Embarcadero added to Delphi when we talk about GLScene? Isn't GLScene, well... old and outdated?

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Parts are old and it's heavily Immediate mode GL, but it's still being worked on and maths is maths. The parts that are being used here are 'timeless' in the sence that you couldn't envisage a future where 3D didn't use such functions. Despite the age of parts of GLScene, I'd say it was a perfectly viable system.

so basically other than some older rendering code, there's nothing in GLScene that you wouldn't expect to find in a given modern 3D engine.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12