Thread: Seeing Posts before the Publication Date

Seeing Posts before the Publication Date

I don't have permission to view the page

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    How are you able to see content that is post-dated for next week?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    How are you able to see content that is post-dated for next week?
    And how do I know that? I can't see the info

You put the post here so I clicked the link...and no permission to view it...

cheers,
    Paul

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons..)

These appear to come up a lot these days. Whats happening?

It seems there are some issues with the forum software. We can see that Will has made an article that he apparently don't want us to read yet
    Either you'll have to make the articles available straight away or don't post them until you want us to read them. Teasing us with interesting topic titles and then not letting us read the content is not fair
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries
    I've made a new thread with these posts so we aren't mucking up the other posts' comments.

It seems that there is a small glitch with either a widget or the main page. Where are you seeing the posts that you guys are trying to click on?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    I've made a new thread with these posts so we aren't mucking up the other posts' comments.

It seems that there is a small glitch with either a widget or the main page. Where are you seeing the posts that you guys are trying to click on?
    It is usually when I do show new posts, but I have also seen your posts on the front page too...I then open your post talking about you can see this article here + link.

I then click on the link and get the permissions error...

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Tell you what Paul. I need to know the exact widget(box) that is showing articles before their post date. Can you post a screenshot and circle in red where they are showing up?

It's important I know exactly where these are showing up because it'll tell me what widgets are acting up or where I might need to check a setting.

Thanks.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Are there any pending posts of yours that shouldn't show up yet? Otherwise it is going to be hard to test! LOL

Perhaps you could do one as a test and then delete it later on?

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    ...for everyone, as to why I post-date these articles. As you all know I run this site on my spare time from my full-time job so there are times when I have lots of time and times when I have no time at all for PGD.

So I like to spread the wealth of information so as not to saturate everyone and make people feel they've missed anything, and to keep people coming back regularly hence post dating some of it for later in the week when I'm usually too busy to be on PGD writing and posting.

Doing things this way ensures that PGD remains steady and looks as active as it usually is. Not bad for only one guy huh?

BTW if anyone else out there wants to help out, please feel free to volunteer. We have lots of spam (At least for now) that needs cleaning out regularly and there is always news out there that is just waiting to be posted when someone has the time to find it and write a brief announcement about it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder