Thread: Allegro.pas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Allegro.pas

Hi.

I've just uploaded the latest version of Allegro.pas, the wrapper that allows you to use the Allegro game library in Free Pascal.

The current version is 4.4.3, and it fixes a few bugs we're found.

To get it just visit the project web site at SourceForge.
    Last edited by WILL; 17-09-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: No HTML posting on PGD anymore. ;) Must use BBCode-style tags.
    No signature provided yet.

thanks for the share !
    Current (and lifetime) project: FAR Colony
    https://www.farcolony.com/

Hello fellow.

Finally I decided to push up Allegro.pas and I've started version 5. At the moment, and after few days of work, I have an example up and working which is a big milestone because version 4.9 I had a lot of problems.

If you want to take a look you can download it from the SVN:

Code:
    svn co https://allegro-pas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/allegro-pas/BRANCHES/5.0/ allegro-pas.5
    Or you can download the tarball provided by SourceForge.

I did test it with FreePascal 4.2.4 on Xubuntu 10.04 only. It should work also on Windows (if somebody has Delphi, please test it, thx), MacOS and iOS.

Blog Entries
    Very cool!

Does this also mean that we will get to see some more demos and code examples from Allegro.pas? I think an increase amount of demos would help show off more of what can be done with Allegro.pas especially if you want to see it used on iOS and the Mac.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Very cool!

Does this also mean that we will get to see some more demos and code examples from Allegro.pas? I think an increase amount of demos would help show off more of what can be done with Allegro.pas especially if you want to see it used on iOS and the Mac.
    I hope yes.

I've received an e-mail from a group of students that are using Allegro.pas for their Computer Science project ("a simple Tetris clone (probably with a few gimmicks)", as they said) so I'm veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery happppppppppppppppyyyyyy!

BTW, I've find a problem with the timer module of Allegro and I suspect that it will be problematic. GDB says the problem is deep in the Allegro's thread management or something... I must study it and ask in the Allegro's mailing list.

Any progress with the 64bit issues in the 4.x branch?
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey