Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allegro.pas

Just to say that Allegro.pas 5 that supports OpenGL, Delphi, iOS, etc. is on the way.

On Linux it is almost complete.

On Windows there are some issues with bitmap drawing but if you'll use OpenGL only then there's no problem. The only issue is that you can't create the textures on the fly but you can load them from disk anyway.

There's no documentation but you can use the original you can find at allegro.cc.

If somebody wants to help (or just test it) please tell me.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 23-02-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: bbCode
    No signature provided yet.

Cool Allegro.pas 4.4.4 released

Ho, ho, ho!

I'm proud to announce that Allegro.pas 4.4.4 has been released today. This new version has a lot of improvements:
    • Added full support for 64bit systems.
    • New API for data types, parameters and return values, less confusing that previous one.
    • Demonstration game improved, so now it's really re-usable, easer to adapt it to your own projects.
    • Two new add-ons including one to load OGG/Vorbis sound files.
    • A lot of bugfixing and document improvements.
    • A bunch of new examples and improvement of some of the old ones, so now it should be easer to understand how to do what you want to do.

Please Download and test it and tell me your opinion, specially if you have a Win64 because I haven't one so I didn't test it.

Yeah! I will test it this evening.
    BTW, did you ever try to compile any of the examples on the Haiku-OS? FPC 2.6.0 and AllegroLibs are vailable on it.
    (Yes, you here me thinking to change my egslengine from SDL to Allegro because it has some nice features SDL doesn't have).
    Last edited by Cybermonkey; 12-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    BTW, did you ever try to compile any of the examples on the Haiku-OS? FPC 2.6.0 and AllegroLibs are vailable on it.
    No, I didn't.

Actually I find HaikuOS very interesting, but I didn't used it (I did test BeOS a lot of time ago in a friends home). May be I should test it again.

If you want to test it, you should pay attention to the "albase.pas" unit. That unit is where the OS is detected and defines a constant for the library name. Currently only detects Windows and Linux, and discards any else. But "in theory" it should work (also in MacOS). Also take a look to the "allegro.cfg" that sets default compiler configuration.

(Yes, you here me thinking to change my egslengine from SDL to Allegro because it has some nice features SDL doesn't have).
    Yyyyeeeeesssss...

BTW, note that this version still not allows OpenGL yet. The SVN has a BRANCH/5 that does but it's very unstable.

Sorry, for the typo, it must be "hear" not "here" ... typical German fault.

Just another question: is it possible to load png or jpeg images with Allegro?
    Last edited by Cybermonkey; 13-12-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Just another question: is it possible to load png or jpeg images with Allegro?
    I planned to add an add-on to load that, but I didn't find way to do it.

Well, I got a really problematic issue here. Running any example in fullscreen on my Radeon causes the screen flickering after that. I am using a 64 bit Mageia 2 and even a restart of the X-Server does not help; only a complete reboot helps. So at the moment I will stay with SDL.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Do you have the same problem with the "original" Allegro examples? If you do then I may ask at Allegro.cc. If not, then it's my fault.

And, is it Allegro.pas 4.4.4? Allegro.pas 5 (SVN) isn't yet stable.

I haven't tried the C Allegro, yet. And yes it's the stable 4.4.4.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Cool Allegro.pas 5.0 Alpha 1

I didn't work on the project for a time, but I decided to release Allegro.pas 5.0 Alpha 1. After installing my new computer, I was able to compile and run my entry for the 2nd PGD Challenge with few changes (may be I should release it too, as only one person was able to compile and test it, and he wasn't a judge ) and it demonstrates it is much more stable than the previous SVN versions, and also the 32/64bit support does work on Linux (almost: on Xubuntu it does work on 32bit only and I don't know why, but Fedora 64bit does).

It doesn't has full documentation, and I'm sure not all examples will work in all computers/systems, but it shoud on Windows XP 32 bit, Xubuntu 32 bit and Fedora 64 bit. I have Windows 7 64 bit too but I'm too lazy to test it now (didn't installed Free Pascal, Lazarus nor Delphi yet ).

If you want to help, you can download, test it (Delphi, MacOS, iOS if possible, both 32bit and 64bit, but any other compiler and system will help) and tell me what happens.

Download link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/all...les/5.0.alpha/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast