Thread: Allegro.pas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think it is done.

After dealing with strings Delphi 10.3 is able to compile all the examples and the Furious Paladin demonstration game. There are still things to do but I think it is time to make a new release (will be 5.2.β.1).

Maybe this weekend. I have to collect some DLL files and revise a few documentation. Then, I'll change the webpage. It is quite ugly and hard to read.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 26-02-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    No signature provided yet.

I've finished with the new web site, including the Allegro.pas Vivace Tutorial, so I've finished with this Allegro.pas cycle (FINALLY!!! ). It took me barely two years.

I had a problem with DokuWiki: it doesn't work with the current SourceForge server configuration. I don't think using other's wiki (i.e. FPC Wiki or Allegro Wiki) is appropriate so I'm thinking other ways of solving it. I was tempted to use SF Wiki but I don't like it a lot. For the first time I'm seriously thinking about moving the project to GitHub but I'm still reluctant (I really don't like non-centralized repositories). Since SourceForge includes database support maybe I install MediaWiki or something. I've also played with the idea of writing my very own wiki software but I'm yelling myself that is not a good idea (but it would be sooo great... ).

Anyway, please visit the website and tell me what do you think, specially if you find any flaw, problem or mistake.

This is embarrassing:

A few days after 5.2.β.1 release I found a silly bug. I fixed it and made a new release (5.2.β.1-1) but I forgot to update the GitHub mirror. I've commited the tatest changes today.

I'm not working with Allegro.pas because I'm focused in my game engine MinGRo. I need to finish a new version soon because I have a game commission that I should finish soon.