Thread: Allegro.pas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Very cool!

Does this also mean that we will get to see some more demos and code examples from Allegro.pas? I think an increase amount of demos would help show off more of what can be done with Allegro.pas especially if you want to see it used on iOS and the Mac.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Very cool!

Does this also mean that we will get to see some more demos and code examples from Allegro.pas? I think an increase amount of demos would help show off more of what can be done with Allegro.pas especially if you want to see it used on iOS and the Mac.
    I hope yes.

I've received an e-mail from a group of students that are using Allegro.pas for their Computer Science project ("a simple Tetris clone (probably with a few gimmicks)", as they said) so I'm veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery happppppppppppppppyyyyyy!

BTW, I've find a problem with the timer module of Allegro and I suspect that it will be problematic. GDB says the problem is deep in the Allegro's thread management or something... I must study it and ask in the Allegro's mailing list.
    No signature provided yet.

Any progress with the 64bit issues in the 4.x branch?
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Any progress with the 64bit issues in the 4.x branch?
    Nope. Unfortunately I haven't access to a 64bit machine, and nobody else asked about, so I couldn't test it. Sorry.

BTW, I've fixed the problem with the timer in Allegro5. I commit a mistake with a parameter type (SINGLE vs. DOUBLE).

cool i was planning on using allegro for a nDS game, will that work?

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the late approval, sacros. Found it during a hidden spam removal!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by sacros View Post
    cool i was planning on using allegro for a nDS game, will that work?
    I don't know. I know there are un-official support for nDS, but don't know how it works. If it supports dynamic libraries it should work with some hacking.

BTW, I'm planning to release an alpha version soon. No demo game at the moment.

Just to say that Allegro.pas 5 that supports OpenGL, Delphi, iOS, etc. is on the way.

On Linux it is almost complete.

On Windows there are some issues with bitmap drawing but if you'll use OpenGL only then there's no problem. The only issue is that you can't create the textures on the fly but you can load them from disk anyway.

There's no documentation but you can use the original you can find at allegro.cc.

If somebody wants to help (or just test it) please tell me.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 23-02-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: bbCode

Sorry for double post, but this is important bug report: When using al_masked_stretch_blit my game segfaults at stretch_masked_line32 (inside Allegro itself, I think, so I can't do anything about it), same with al_stretch_blit (inside stretch_line32).

I have draw routine that gets executed every step of my program loop (update of controls and sprite positions, etc. is done via timer). Here it is:
    Code:
    procedure draw();
      begin
        //clearing buffer
        al_clear_to_color(buffer,al_makeacol_depth(al_desktop_color_depth,0,0,0,0));
        //drawing text
        al_textout_centre_ex(buffer,al_font,'Witaj w Allegro!',400,25,al_makeacol_depth(al_desktop_color_depth,255,0,0,255),al_makeacol_depth(al_desktop_color_depth,0,0,0,255));
        al_textout_centre_ex(buffer,al_font,'Nacisnij Q aby wyjsc',400,45,al_makeacol_depth(al_desktop_color_depth,255,0,0,255),al_makeacol_depth(al_desktop_color_depth,0,0,0,255));
        //drawing cats
        Kotek1.Draw(buffer);
        Kotek2.Draw(buffer);
        //drawing perlin noise
        al_masked_stretch_blit(perlin,buffer,0,0,300,200,100,100,200,200); //<=== here it is, but why does it happen?
        //showing collision indicator
        if Kotek1.IsColliding(Kotek2) then al_rectfill(buffer,0,0,64,32,al_makecol(0,255,0));
        //if pause, put indicator of it
        if pause then al_textout_centre_ex(buffer,al_font,'Pauza',400,580,al_makeacol_depth(al_desktop_color_depth,255,0,0,255),al_makeacol_depth(al_desktop_color_depth,0,0,0,255));
        al_blit(buffer,al_screen,0,0,0,0,800,600);
      end;