Thread: Allegro.pas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice! This is the best time to puts hands over allegro

Some weeks ago I decided I should make Allegro.pas fully compatible with Delphi, so I was working on it. I had to download Delphi Tokio Starter Edition because Delphi 6 (the one I have) has some issues with compilation directives (i.e. {$IFEND} vs. {$ENDIF}). Right now I've worked only in one of the simplest examples, ex_bitmap that just loads and renders a bitmap in a window, and seems to work. Unfortunately I haven't more Delphi versions (except Delphi 6 that isn't compatible) so I don't know if it works in other ones.

Also I was thinking about a suggestion made by Akira13 in the MinGRo's thread so I've added a directory named "Lazarus" and created a project file for each example. It seems to work, so I'll try the same for Delphi too.

Once I accomplished Delphi compatibility and I integrate Handoko's game demo with the library (and may be port my demo from the 4 branch too) then I'll make a beta release.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 14-01-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    No signature provided yet.

This is going too slow, but now all examples compile using Delphi, but some of them doesn't work.

I didn't manage to make all examples run with Delphi but anyway, I've released it. Maybe somebody with more Delphi knowledge can help.

You can read the announcement here.

From now, I'll try to fix the Delphi stuff that doesn't work, add stuff that is still unsupported from Allegro and complete the documentation adding more examples too.

Hi!
    I tried to compile examples in Delphi bit every time when application tries to start I get "The program can't start because libwinpthread-1.dll is missing from your computer"
    What is this library part of? Or where can I get it safely?

It is part of the MinGW-w64 project. Read this thread for more information and tell me if it fixes the problem.

I hadn't that problem because I compiled Allegro by myself. May be I should add the DLL by myself as I did with branch 4.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 25-04-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    May be I should add the DLL by myself as I did with branch 4.
    That would not be a bad idea. I bet many people might be dissuaded from using of your library if they need to go and search for the required dependencies all around the web.

I went and downloaded the latest version of MinGW project but it seems that it might only include 64 bit version of the "libwinpthread-1.dll" which of course doesn't work with 32 bit applications. And Delphi being Delphi it doesn't give me an option to add 64 bit windows platform to the project.