Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Allegro.pas

Sorry for d-posting, but could you write some unit that could make Allegro to load fonts made with AngelCode's BMFont (http://angelcode.com/products/bmfont/)? Under that link there's full documentation, but my understanding of Allegro is too limited to actually implement this.
    Last edited by Darkhog; 02-07-2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Fix'd link

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    Link fix for the lazy ;-)

Thanks, didn't notice when posted it that link's broken. Fixed now.

//edit: It turns out... I can't . There is Allegro's library function which would help with that... but isn't implemented for one reason or another. Damn.
    I didn't know that function exists; that's why it isn't implemented. May be I implement it this week (if I have time enough).

Sorry for d-posting, but could you write some unit that could make Allegro to load fonts made with AngelCode's BMFont (http://angelcode.com/products/bmfont/)? Under that link there's full documentation, but my understanding of Allegro is too limited to actually implement this.
    AFAIK font loading isn't trivial. Anyway I'll take a look. may be I can do something.
    No signature provided yet.

Well, I know isn't trivial That's why I didn't do it myself .

Anyway, maybe you should look into official allegro docs to see what functions are there? So we can avoid such things in future.

Well, I know isn't trivial That's why I didn't do it myself .

Anyway, maybe you should look into official allegro docs to see what functions are there? So we can avoid such things in future.
    he made that allegro port you are using with your game, have some respect

I have. That was just friendly tip (notice amount of Smilleys in my post). Anyway my sense of humor is weird at times, so you may need to adjust.

Sorry for the hiatus, but this month I was busy because I've looking for a job. Fortunately I've found one () so I can work on Allegro.pas and KOFFE now.

It will we a bit more complex that I thought because I didn't added any "voice stuff", just digital samples. Anyway it should be finished this week.

If you read Allegro.pas README file:
    I wrote it to use it by myself, so I didn't included all functionality of
    Allegro. Anyway, I'll fix it and complete it as I'm using it (or as other
    users do). Any collaboration will be welcomed.
    Anyway, I changed the way I update version 5; in this version I load a C header and port and document everything.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 16-07-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Ok dude, I've done it. Download the new "allegro.pas" unit here and tell me if it works.

Hi all,

A long time since last message, I know. My job makes me bussy. Fortunately, it's related with games, and lately I was able to work, again, on Allegro.pas.

I decided to make a new release of the 4.4 branch. If you follow the SVN repository, you'll see there's a lot of movement in the last weeks. Don't know when it will be finished but next version will improve a lot the Allegro.pas project.

Also, I'm wondering if I'll create another demo game (two different demos), this time a simple 3D game. I know Allegro 4 doesn't have the best 3D stuff but I works quite good. May be a race game, or a simple DooM-like FPS with zombies.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 31-03-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast