Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Allegro.pas

This is going too slow, but now all examples compile using Delphi, but some of them doesn't work.
    No signature provided yet.

I didn't manage to make all examples run with Delphi but anyway, I've released it. Maybe somebody with more Delphi knowledge can help.

You can read the announcement here.

From now, I'll try to fix the Delphi stuff that doesn't work, add stuff that is still unsupported from Allegro and complete the documentation adding more examples too.

Hi!
    I tried to compile examples in Delphi bit every time when application tries to start I get "The program can't start because libwinpthread-1.dll is missing from your computer"
    What is this library part of? Or where can I get it safely?

It is part of the MinGW-w64 project. Read this thread for more information and tell me if it fixes the problem.

I hadn't that problem because I compiled Allegro by myself. May be I should add the DLL by myself as I did with branch 4.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 25-04-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    May be I should add the DLL by myself as I did with branch 4.
    That would not be a bad idea. I bet many people might be dissuaded from using of your library if they need to go and search for the required dependencies all around the web.

I went and downloaded the latest version of MinGW project but it seems that it might only include 64 bit version of the "libwinpthread-1.dll" which of course doesn't work with 32 bit applications. And Delphi being Delphi it doesn't give me an option to add 64 bit windows platform to the project.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    That would not be a bad idea. I bet many people might be dissuaded from using of your library if they need to go and search for the required dependencies all around the web.
    Ok. Before that I should add the option to use monolith version of the Allegro DLL files, as well as to link "libwinpthread-1" statically (if possible).

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I went and downloaded the latest version of MinGW project but it seems that it might only include 64 bit version of the "libwinpthread-1.dll" which of course doesn't work with 32 bit applications. And Delphi being Delphi it doesn't give me an option to add 64 bit windows platform to the project.
    Can't you change the project target to 64bit? Lazarus allows to do it in the project configuration dialog.

Projects are 32bit because it is the only target allowed by Starter Edition version.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 27-04-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Few days ago I finished to revise the allegro5.pas unit. It was a loooooong work, checking everything and updating the documentation. As a result, documentation is complete for that unit, and I've fixed some mistakes, changed a few stuff (data types, parameters...) and added a few new procedures and functions.

I've also spend some time trying to update the website, but was not able to change the background color (sigh!). I think I'll create a new one, but not yet. A month ago I created a new project to help build websites for SourceForge projects named sfwebsite. It's still in a very early stage but once finished it will help a lot.

So, I'll not upload a new version soon, as there's work to do:
    • Finish to port JAVAroids as new demonstration game, and also make some more changes to Furious Paladin.
    • Revise all add-ons, documentation and updates, and add the new al5video unit.
    • Revise all examples, adding some new ones. (I'm also planning to write a GUI to replace nihgui).
    • Test everithing with Delphi (not sure, but I think I should install the latest Community Edition one, shouldn't I?).

But I'm in the way...
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 13-05-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Still alive...

Yep, still alive, and I've done a lot: I've finished with the add-ons and the documentation (at the moment). Next I have to add more examples and finish the demo games, as well as to test all this with Delphi (that's why I've said "at the moment" because I'm sure that something will need fixes )

I've also synchronized the GIT mirror so you can use it if you don't like SourceForge. If you test it please tell me how does it work.

So may be I can release it before next year! And even better: new updates should be more easy as (finally!) Allegro.pas implements all add-ons, so just comparing versions will tell what should be updated.

I think it is done.

After dealing with strings Delphi 10.3 is able to compile all the examples and the Furious Paladin demonstration game. There are still things to do but I think it is time to make a new release (will be 5.2.β.1).

Maybe this weekend. I have to collect some DLL files and revise a few documentation. Then, I'll change the webpage. It is quite ugly and hard to read.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 26-02-2020 at 12:05 PM.

I've finished with the new web site, including the Allegro.pas Vivace Tutorial, so I've finished with this Allegro.pas cycle (FINALLY!!! ). It took me barely two years.

I had a problem with DokuWiki: it doesn't work with the current SourceForge server configuration. I don't think using other's wiki (i.e. FPC Wiki or Allegro Wiki) is appropriate so I'm thinking other ways of solving it. I was tempted to use SF Wiki but I don't like it a lot. For the first time I'm seriously thinking about moving the project to GitHub but I'm still reluctant (I really don't like non-centralized repositories). Since SourceForge includes database support maybe I install MediaWiki or something. I've also played with the idea of writing my very own wiki software but I'm yelling myself that is not a good idea (but it would be sooo great... ).

Anyway, please visit the website and tell me what do you think, specially if you find any flaw, problem or mistake.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast