Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barbarian Returns

Barbarian Returns

While I agree, Traveller, I do have to mourn the knowledge that is locked away from junior programmers because they are closed source. :cry:

Barbarian Returns

Interesting to see that there is a problem with us

Well, at this point, releasing the game for opensource isn't really meaningful since the engine we use isn't compatible with linux.. and then you'd just be stuck with source code that doesn't do anything and wont give you any answers.

It all boils down to the engine not being ready for the public eye, and not ready for *nix either..

It's not what we're working on directly at this point, but when Basilisk is released, there will be source code included from a game.. I can't promise you it's Barbarian though because it is not only me who decides this

If it's right or not is more or less up to us to decide, from the current situation we are in.

If that's what you call a good reason, I don't know.. but it's the answer I can give you at the current time

** Edit **
    You know you're writing too much or too slow when there have appeared 2 posts between the time you pushed on Reply and Submit

Traveler: Yup, we're still creating games, and the engine we're using is more or less the backbone of what we do so it keeps getting developed

Robert Kosek: Well, we're around here to answer questions if we can, and that aint bad I'm considering myself a newbie game programmer so there might be questions out there I have no idea about And the others have been busy lately but we're always checking the forum so don't worry, and there are lots of other capable people here

** End of edit (Now.. let us hope I can finish this before a new post) **
    _____
    Eriken

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234