Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My game

My game

I tried it and the graphics work great, however the controls act a bit funny, but that could be just me or it could be your intention...

It's really hard to explain what happens, I got dropped (start) and pressed to the front and I moved faster and faster over the scenery but forward... I don't know if you turn the view with the mouse or just the look and have a fixed moving point at the start...

However the graphics work just fine and quite fast!
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

My game

Thanks Lion,

It is a bit strange isn't it? I've already changed it and will be different in the next version. You can use the 'arrow' keys to move if you prefer and just use the mouse to look around. Also press 'Home' to reset the camera, and 'End' to stop moving

Glad it worked for you, proves SDL works if nothing else!!

My game

Wow very nice!
    Runs very fast aswell. Any way to show FPS? (but then agn I have a gf4 ti4600)
    -AOTA Head Programmer
    <br />www.aotaonline.com
    <br />LiquidIce@aotaonline.om

My game

I tried running it on the college computers (1GHz PIII, 128MB Ram, integrated graphics). It took about two minutes to load, and I got about 2 fps! I'll try it at home later maybe, though I'm hoping to install Linux tonight, so I probably won't have time.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

My game

It ran as smooth as a very smooth thing on my kit at home (Geforce2MX 400, Athlon 1.1). Bit hard to control though.

What algos do you use for your game?

[EDIT: Integrated graphics = suck suck suck suck. Except if it's an nForce or something, I guess... but to date, every integrated graphics card I've seen has been pathetically bad.]
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

My game

Thanks for that!!!

I'm working on the controls!

I'm still trying to think of a decent game idea but it's not something I'm good at. Driving me a little insane at the moment :twisted:

I'll probably be using the day/night thing so you do something in the day to prepare for the night, just don't know what yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW Alimonster: I don't know what you mean by algos but I'm using a frustum class that I 'converted' to delphi from a tutorial in C++ (can't remember which one, I just used the frustum maths bit from the tutorial).

And an octree class that I made in a similar way, it puts all the vertex array stuff in the leaf nodes and can either draw them and store in display lists or draw them 'live' if the terrain needs to be deformable.

Apart from that it's just a textured heightmap and more home made functions!!

My game

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCat
    BTW Alimonster: I don't know what you mean by algos but I'm using a frustum class that I 'converted' to delphi from a tutorial in C++ (can't remember which one, I just used the frustum maths bit from the tutorial).

And an octree class that I made in a similar way, it puts all the vertex array stuff in the leaf nodes and can either draw them and store in display lists or draw them 'live' if the terrain needs to be deformable.

Apart from that it's just a textured heightmap and more home made functions!!
    That's what I was asking about, but I couldn't think of the correct term. Btw, I may be able to throw a crazy idea or two your way for a game story - I'll see what I can come up with. :idea:
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

My game

Quote Originally Posted by Alimonster
    Btw, I may be able to throw a crazy idea or two your way for a game story - I'll see what I can come up with. :idea:
    I'll look forward to that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12