Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skinning solutions and body animation

Then the question is where to continue, from your build (using dglOpenGL) or mine (using the built-in OpenGL). Yours crashes, mine runs but shows nothing. Not very easy to work from there I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Using Mac OS X Lion and FreePascal 2.7.1 I get this error while compiling and linking one of the examples:
    Code:
    Assertion failed: (_dependentDylibs.size() != 0), function File, file /SourceCache/ld64/ld64-123.2.1/src/ld/parsers/macho_dylib_file.cpp, line 391.
    0  0x102efd71c  __assert_rtn + 76
    1  0x102f562c1  mach_o::dylib::File<x86>::File(unsigned char const*, unsigned long long, char const*, long, unsigned int, bool, bool, bool, ld::MacVersionMin, ld::IPhoneVersionMin, bool) + 2721
    2  0x102f4abe2  mach_o::dylib::parse(unsigned char const*, unsigned long long, char const*, long, Options const&, unsigned int, bool) + 706
    3  0x102f5c0a5  ld::tool::InputFiles::makeFile(Options::FileInfo const&) + 709
    4  0x102f5d6f9  ld::tool::InputFiles::InputFiles(Options&, char const**) + 665
    5  0x102efd947  main + 311
    I used dglOpenGL to build the library, but integrated those changes in dglOpenGL to get it working properly on Mac OS X.

I'm pretty sure I was able to compile it on Mac OS Snow Leopard, but it crashed when I tried to execute one of the examples.
    I just got curious: Is dglOpenGL better than the built-in OpenGL interfaces in some way? I want to use the best headers, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    I just got curious: Is dglOpenGL better than the built-in OpenGL interfaces in some way? I want to use the best headers, obviously.
    The difference I've heard of is that dglOpenGL supports OpenGL 3 and higher while the FreePascal standard GL header doesn't. But that may just be misinformation on my part, because I've heard since that the FPC GL header supports up to OpenGL 4 as well. I've never tried it though.
    On Mac OS X, it doesn't really make a difference, as Apple only has a complete implementation of OpenGL 2.1 in their drivers and everything newer is just partially supported. dglOpenGL has pretty fast updates, once a new specification has been releaved. (But they still don't officially support Mac OS X and each time they release a new header, you have to apply the patch I posted and in a few cases they patch didn't work and dglOpenGL was unusable on the Mac.)
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

I think the major bonus is that you can use dglOpenGL header with both Lazarus and Delphi. It might be incredibly difficult to transfer fpc header to Delphi, and Delphi has its propably outdated header of its own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12