Thread: Chip16 emulator/debugger

Chip16 emulator/debugger

Hey guys,
    I'm currently toying with a small funny project: a Chip16 emulator/debugger.
    Chip16 is (pasting from the project thread):

Chip16 is intended as a fairly easy to implement, well documented and community supported system which would aid beginners when writing their emulator.
    This would solve many CHIP8 inconsistencies as well as undocumented features sometimes (possibly) added by interpreter authors themselves.
    CHIP16 has a regular D-PAD controller with 4 buttons in contrast to CHIP8's somewhat messy 16 keys keyboard.
    All you have is a specs document and a list of opcodes supported by the VM. Some clever guys have made games, demos, test roms and an assembler; another guy is working on a pascal compiler too.

At this time my emulator lacks sound support, because it seems that the audio specs will be changed soon. Oh, and because I am too lazy to make a sine wave tone generator in SDL
    As soon as I get rid of a drawing bug I'll release the executable and the sources.

To do list:

• Fix a drawing bug
    • Add break point support to the debugger
    • Add sound support
    • More to come...

Low res screencast video:

High res screencast video:
    http://www.screenr.com/embed/3Cms
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Hi legolas ...
    How about the fpc4wii project, any progress?

Nicely done Legolas! I can't wait to have a play and look at the sources

Waiting with baited breath

cheers,
    Paul

Thank you Paul, but please, breath!

@azrael11: No progress, sorry. I should update the libogc bindings, because in the meantime a new version has been released. As far as I remember, the last version I uploaded worked, but it needed some debugging.
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Thank you Paul, but please, breath!
    hahahahaha!!

cheers,
    Paul