Thread: AI Challenge - Ants

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am participating Starter bot is uploaded on nick Zaflis.

I don't quite get it yet. The starter package compiles, so far so good. But I havn't understood how to test it locally. The quickstart guide doesn't cover that, and the FAQ doesn't mention it either. Or should I test on-line?

Edit: Wait a minute... mleise's link to the tools, I missed that. That might be the answer.
    Last edited by Ingemar; 07-10-2011 at 05:41 PM.

The help page for the tools is here by the way:
    http://beta.aichallenge.org/using_the_tools.php

Also check out the links in the right menu bar to other topics, like the contest rules or problem description.

I have also bit of trouble testing my bot. Submitted version online where it crashes without knowing how.

I also have the tools which successfully visually play with sample bots, but i don't know how to add my bot to start script... I see that it requires 4 bots in the commandline, so i replaced last one "python %~dp0sample_bots\python\HunterBot.py" with "%~dp0ZaflisBot\project1.exe" but it doesn't even seem to start the app. It does start if i manually run the exe and waits for readln input.

Fixed. Must not type .exe in the script but just the path and name.
    Last edited by User137; 08-10-2011 at 07:44 PM.

I got the starter bot and the tools working. Very nice
    Unfortunately I'm rather busy at the moment, but I probably try to improve my starter bot in a week or two.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Blog Entries
    Had a look at this, does indeed look like quite a good concept.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

...and it just officially launched! Have fun the next two months.
    http://aichallenge.org/

I just tried making a bot at a sleepless night; it's challenging and a lot of fun! The visualizer is just great.