Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: delphi on osx

delphi on osx

Borland's faith is death in that case as they will be MS's tasty dinner and we all know how MS hates Pascal.
    It all started probably with D7 and the .NET preview compiler, i wondered how did they implement theme support in that strange way, now i have the answer.
    So no more Kylix updates only Delphi .NET/w32 on windows.
    Let's not forget Lazarus and FreePascal !
    The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
    <br />Think Open and Lightning Fast!

delphi on osx

Borland implemented XP theme support by taking Mike Lischke's TThemeManager component and adding it to the VCL. They modified it so that it had fewer features (yes, fewer), but it is basically the same component.

delphi on osx

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    These are only roumors (that's the :shock: smiley) search the web and you'll see what people think of Borland (stopping Kylix developement, Delphi2005 looks like Visual Studio apps, heck it even integrates with VS, .NET, no more crossplatform, all indicate Borland wants to look like MS).
    So... Borland might be migrating to MS, compatibility..., for what pourpose
    Search the web and you will also find that Microsoft owns a large stake in Borland ($25M settlement back in 1999 to settle patent infringement lawsuits plus a $100M deal that ensures Borland supports Microsoft technologies)
    http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19990608S0005
    I'm pretty sure that stake was sold early in 2000, due to the monopoly lawsuites. Rumour goes that that money kept Borland from going bankrupt btw.

For the rest I agree with plugwash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12