Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help with Bitblt plz someone tht also knows vb lol.

help with Bitblt plz someone tht also knows vb lol.

I guess that your resolution could be high, maybe - it's surprising how small 1 pixel becomes at higher res. The PixelsPerInch could affect things but I'm not sure if it affects things like you'd expect (I know it affects font sizes and the overall size of the window, at runtime, but does it actually change the pixel sizes in general? Don't think it does but I may stand corrected here).

Does the movement itself seem jerky? Do the graphics seem pretty slow?

Also, watch for moving using the key events (onKeyPress, onKeyDown, or whatever). They may result in not-entirely-smooth movement that's a little stop-start. It may be a better idea to check often whether a key has been pressed at regular intervals and make a note of it, moving then.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

Of course you could move your sprite in steps > 1 pixel but that could make it a little jerky.
    The problem is that the OnKeyDown event is only called at a certain frequency.
    If you want fluid motion you'll have to use a timer of some sort.

The DoubleBuffered property is pretty cool and helpful, but I like how using your own TBitmap will give you a lot more control over when you actually redraw your canvas.
    Ask me about the xcess game development kit

hmm im not sure in vb just set mode to pixels it seems to be the default in delphi.

EDIT: this is a lil 15inch CRT monitor im on 800x600 res

CRAP im so stupid thts right move it in more pixels lol sim so lost i swear its 5am
    Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123