Thread: C++ defector

C++ defector

Hello. I'm totally new to programing, i'm 33, ( which means learning a new language---any language---- is gonna be more difficult for me). i started learning c++ about 5 months ago....and am still nowhere.
    So, I downloaded the bloodshed devpascal compiler......because i was told that the new pascal is almost...if not as...powerfull as c++...and a whole lot easier. I say new pascal...because when i was a computer student in high school in the 80's...we used pascal a lot then.....has it changed drastically?how compatable with delphi is free pascal?can one make 3d games with it?3d modelers? I reckon i could find out myself just by opening the download.............

C++ defector

Hi and welcome to the Delphi community!
    I don't have much time right now so I'll make it quick (hope it's still enough info for ya):

1) Delphi is now object oriented, supports overloading, etc.
    There's quite a lot of new stuff but if you know some Pascal, you'll still feel right at home.

2) Free Pascal can compile Delphi-style code, so it's quite compatible.

3) Yes, you can make 3d games and modellers with it. I don't know if there are any Direct3d header translations that are compatible with Free Pascal, but I'm pretty sure there are OpenGL headers for it.

Gotta go
    Ask me about the xcess game development kit

C++ defector

3) Yes, you can make 3d games and modellers with it. I don't know if there are any Direct3d header translations that are compatible with Free Pascal, but I'm pretty sure there are OpenGL headers for it.
    I'm sure DirectX headers located here: http://clootie.narod.ru/fpc/
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

C++ defector

cool, didn't know you wrote a free pascal version of it. good job!
    Ask me about the xcess game development kit

Blog Entries

C++ defector

Quote Originally Posted by Clootie
    I'm sure DirectX headers located here: http://clootie.narod.ru/fpc/
    Clootie, has anyone ever told you "you da man"?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

C++ defector

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Clootie, has anyone ever told you "you da man"?
    Sure
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.