Thread: How would you advice setting up an Dev Enviroment?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Windows and want to start development for Linux as well, also haiku when it reaches a level of maturity. That is why i am going to go with FPC seems the better choice because of its cross platform ability. The reason i don't feel like going the Lazarus route is because i wouldn't be using the LCL, and i don't really like the editor. I was told a good way for keeping cross platform projects easy for maintaining, it to just use what ever text editor and use something like CMake. I have never used CMake but from my research i don't think it full works with Pascal, but you can write custom commands or something.

On the topic of IDE i am jealous of the Mac users, since they got two really nice lightweight IDEs which seem to be Mac only =/
    I suppose Lazarus will have the best environment for debugging? Thats one thing i don't like doing on Emacs.

EDIT: Both 32 and 64 bit as well, so just as cross compile for win/linux so again for 32/64. I have two machine one with Windows other with linux, and want to have a best as i can environment which can be implemented on both and ill just update the directories.
    Last edited by MuteClown; 23-10-2011 at 11:53 PM.