Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
The problem is that I don't have a 3.x version of Android available for my device yet, only 2.3.x. This means I would have to wait to try this method out till after I can get a later version installed.

cheers,
Paul
Why not develop for 2.3? Nothing wrong with that. It's all possible.

Well, I will use SDL in conjunction with OpenGLES. However, it seems that SDL Audio doesn't completely work on android yet, so I might just go for pure OpenGLES with another sound library (any suggestion that works for android?). Maybe I should just wrap the JAVA audio API via JNI, but that's no fun at all.

And FPC 2.7.1 was build from the most recent development snapshot, so it's not the stable one. You can get it here: http://www.freepascal.org/develop.var The APT repo's (guess you are using an ubuntu/debian derivative) aren't updated frequently. I had to get debs or build things from source quite often to be honest.
Lazarus hasn't changed that much. The only difference I have found yet, is that you can't rebuild the LCL anymore via the menu's, because it's now a package (which is automatically rebuild for your target when neccesary ^^)