Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pascal on Android: I made it work!

I will hopefully soon have ready the first solution that will alow pascal developers to write game code once and have it running out of the box on all major platforms (Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and Linux).
    Only need to tackle Android for now (and if anyone wants to help I've put a bounty up in the free pascal/lazarus wiki)
    I'll put a website soon with more info

As said on the FPC forum, I'm working on it too. I'll let you know when I get there.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Now I'm totally interested in Android development, and have already written simple OpenGL ES on Java and compiled FreePascal for arm... JNI seems not a hard technique, so I will try to spend my free time on investigation how to port ZenGL to Android.

Today I managed to statically link library X to library Y (both written in pascal). Library Y is in turn called through JNI.

I know that it's a small step, but I'm still struggling with linkers and all those compiler options FPC has. If I can get a good understanding of android development with pascal, I might actually write an article about that.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123