Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asphyre Sphinx 2 has been released.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Asphyre Sphinx 2 has been released.

A new version of Asphyre Sphinx v2.0 has been released. This release requires Delphi XE 2 with Update 1 and allows developing applications for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, Mac OS and iOS platforms.

This release supports many new providers on Windows platform including DirectX 7, DirectX 9, DirectX 9 Ex (Vista), DirectX 10, DirectX 10.1 and DirectX 11. For Mac OS platform OpenGL is used, while for iOS platform OpenGL ES 2.0 is used.

Features new to this release include multiple monitor support in full-screen mode, shader effects (for DX10+ providers), customizable spacing between letter pairs for pixel-perfect font rendering among many others.

In addition, this release includes native GUI framework and WYSIWYG designer, full documentation of all major Asphyre functions and Asphyre wiki.

Click here to visit Asphyre Sphinx 2 page.
    Last edited by LP; 06-11-2011 at 09:13 PM.

This month is rich on exciting news for Pascal developers. Congrats with getting new supported platforms for Asphyre

For the record, when you say it requires Delphi XE 2 with Update 1, does that mean I can't use any other version of Delphi with AS2?

does that mean I can't use any other version of Delphi with AS2?
    i think thats because of dx11 units !! if i am not wrong

I have added a new article to Asphyre's wiki explaining about using Asphyre on iOS.

Awesome lifepower - how are you finding iOS speed wise? Is asphyre able to generate sufficient FPS? When are you going to have your first game out on the iPad?
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    For the record, when you say it requires Delphi XE 2 with Update 1, does that mean I can't use any other version of Delphi with AS2?
    Edit:In my first post I forgot to clarify the supported platforms and compilers, sorry. I've been posting all this in a hurry. After some checking, indeed Delphi XE 2 seems to be minimal Delphi version supported, although Delphi XE may work for 32-bit platform only. Earlier versions do not have DirectX headers supplied with them.

In addition, it also works for FPC/Lazarus on Windows platform using DX10+ providers. DX7 and DX9 providers are unavailable because the headers are not included (though they can be taken from previous Asphyre release). Other platforms for FPC/Lazarus are not implemented because Asphyre uses FireMonkey on Mac OS and iOS for device management. However, to make Asphyre work in FPC/Lazarus on other platforms such as Mac OS and Linux, minimal work is required as you only need to port OpenGL provider (Windows OpenGL provider or OpenGL ES 2.0 provider can be used as references for this). Asphyre itself compiles nicely in FreePascal using Delphi compiler mode; this is actually how it works on iOS since FireMonkey is compiled using FPC on this platform.
    Last edited by LP; 06-11-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: updated minimal Delphi requirements, BDS 2006 and 2007 are definitely not supported.

Asphyre still is my favorite framework and Sphinx2 is really the first thing that will force me to have Delphi XE2.
    Thank you for sharing your great framework with us.

Blog Entries
    Excellent news! I was hoping that Asphyre was getting an update since Delphi XE2 to help support those new developers who became interested. Nice work.

I plan to make a front page news announcement of this soon. Any new examples or videos of the new features? (native GUI framework/WYSIWYG designer)

I like to show of a bit of other media with my news posts because it attracts more eyes than not. Same reasons why juice boxes have pretty colors.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Asphyre Sphinx v2.0.2 is now available.

New version of Asphyre Sphinx v2.0.2 is now available, which includes some minor fixes and additions.

The following is the list of changes:

• Fixed texturing issue in FireMonkey platform when using Delphi XE 2 with Update 4.
    • Added support for render targets on Windows and Mac OS when using FireMonkey.
    • Added support for Vampyre Imaging Library to load external PNG files. The internal PNG loading approach provided by Delphi itself had alpha-channel issues. All tools have been recompiled to use Vampyre Imaging library.
    • Added support for Turbo Delphi, BDS 2006, Delphi 2007, 2010 and XE. Make sure to copy files from Legacy folder to Source, if you plan using these versions. Only DirectX 9 and OpenGL providers will be available though.
    • FreePascal/Lazarus can be used if Delphi compatibility mode is set for the entire framework by using Legacy folder from above. More complete support of other providers (e.g. DirectX 7) is planned for the next release.

You can download the new version here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast