Thread: New edited lines are not recognized by compiler

New edited lines are not recognized by compiler

Hi guys

I've discovered a very silly phenomenon in the delphi environment: Sometimes (and unfortunately I don't know why sometimes and sometimes not) when I want to run a project I just edited, new lines are not considered by the compiler just as they would be not there.
    There are also missing these blue points left of the code ( in Delphi 6). Any explanations for that? And may be an idea how I can change that? It can become very stupid if you cannot edit your code....

Sven
    42 is the answer to all questions.
    <br />But what is the question to all answers?

Seems like compiler is optimized out your code. Check it: compiler can decide that your is "never reached" based on some condition.
    For example:
    [pascal]if False then
    begin
    Inc(i); // This code will never be executed, and no "blue dots" should appear here
    end;[/pascal]
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hi Clootie

Well, looks like the compiler is a bit too engaged in that case because the ignored code should be executed, I can see no reason why it shouldn't...
    Is there a possibility to switch this "feature" off?

Sven
    42 is the answer to all questions.
    <br />But what is the question to all answers?

Well, to me it seems you should dig for your problem in your code. But optimizations can be turned off in Options dialog under Compiler tab.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Post the block of code that includes the section being ignored and then we can possibly try work out why its happening.

What irritates me on a related subject is if you make a copy of all the files in a directory including a project file. When you open the copied project file it still points to the units and forms in the original directory!
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)