Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobal - Fantasy RPG

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

I'm programming a game called "Cobal-Online". It's a german roleplay game with a very complex rpg system. I use PowerDraw for Graphics and fmod for Sounds.

At the moment you can create a character, collect items, fight, cast many spells(at the moment random spells), take Potions and talk with npcs.
    Here is always the actual version.

The game has the following requirements:
    - DirectX9
    - 3d video card

Here are a few screenshots:

We're also searching for people who want to help us, our forum is at www.cobal-online.de (It's a german forum)

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

Hello nightmare_82 !

it looks very nice.
    Do non combat attributes play a role in Cobal or is the game mostly action related (fighting+collecting items to solve quests) ? I mean, can the rpg system be compared with AD&D, or is it more like The dark Eye, german rpg system :?:

greetings

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

How come it's only the german's i see great stuff in Delphi from TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!!!! DU BIST MEINE GOD!
    I have a 2005 CRF 250 so <^>(>&lt<^>
    <br />http://www.gtrpg.com/

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

How come it's only the german's i see great stuff in Delphi from
    That's because all the rest is working on secret projects, all covered in shrouds of mystery.

But yes, its does indeed look mighty nice. In fact it reminds me a little of Diablo.
    Are you doing the graphics as well? Because they are pretty good. The only part that I'm not too keen about is the heavy grain on the ground textures.

I've done a bit of editting in photoshop to see what It would look like if you softened the grain a little.

You can do this by using gaussian blur and adding a tiny bit of (monochramatic) noise.
    (image above is resized to reduce kb's,.. the lower left part is real size)

Here's another screen with a few strange things I noticed while playing.

There were a lot of times when enemies went through obstacles. Also, the walls from the house look a bit odd in some places.

Also, the electric lights and the little tool shed(?) seem a bit out of place to me.

But, its very cool! Keep us posted!

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

Thank you for your nice replies.
    @holybyte:
    The non combat attributes will play a big role, but at he moment I'm adding many weapons first. The concept of the game contains 400 sites, it's very much we have to implement... You will be able to produce items, build houses and many other things.

@Traveler: Wow, tyour graphic looks great. Thank you for your advices.
    Most of the graphics are self-made by one of our assistants and a few by myself, but unfortunately he now works on another project(because he gets paid for it )
    We're searhing for a new graphic artist. If you like, visit our forum. I think you could help us a lot.
    We're also searching somebody who creates sounds for the game.
    All the others, who wants to help us, visit www.cobal-online.de

EDIT : Should I create a new topic for all english-speaking people ?

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

Quote Originally Posted by xGTx
    How come it's only the german's i see great stuff in Delphi from TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!!!! DU BIST MEINE GOD!
    Thank you ops: .
    There is no special way. We are two people who had the same dram: creating a cool rpg. He(Kuenz) makes the concept, world editing and so on.
    And I'programming the game. It's a very hard and long work but it also makes a lot of fun

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

Well i've had the same dream. Create an outstanding MMORPG Game Creation System. This works in the way that, not only do I get to create my own MMORPG with my tools, but many other people with no coding experience can create their own game with my tools. Take a look at:

http://www.gtrpg.com/

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    I have a 2005 CRF 250 so &lt;^&gt;(&gt;&lt&lt;^&gt;
    <br />http://www.gtrpg.com/

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

We're searhing for a new graphic artist. If you like, visit our forum. I think you could help us a lot.
    Thanks, but I'm way too busy at the moment.

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

@holybyte : If you are interested in the concept, here you can dl it.
    I will inform you, when new updates of the game are available. I added prortraits to the game. The next step is implementing the final fighting system and many weapons.

Cobal - Fantasy RPG

There is a new version of the game. I added many new graphics and changed some of the old ones.You now can choose a portrait for your character and you can wear weapons. The weapon damage calculation is implemented in the new version. I also created a new map which is not finished but it contains many new objects.
    Here you can dl it.(27MB)

Requirements:
    DirectX9
    3d video card

Here are many screenshots from the new version.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast